This article includes the following topics:
- Your obligations to update your easyemployer account.
- Common articles for end of financial year updates.
- Webinar video explaining the process for updating easyemployer (e.g. updating rates).
Your obligations with regards to your easyemployer account.
It is our client's responsibility to ensure their account is configured and updated to reflect new pay conditions should there be any with the end of financial year updates.
This may include updating rates in BOTH easyemployer AND your payroll application if necessary:
- no payroll integration between ee and your payroll application - you will need to update rates in both systems.
- payroll integration between ee and MYOB ARL API integration, XERO or Payroll Guru - updated pay rates in ee will flow through to payroll application.
- payroll integration between ee and any other payroll application - you will need to update rates in both systems.
- - - - - - -
*IMPORTANT*: Updates must be made DURING the payroll period they apply to - updating them after the payroll period will mean they do not retrospectively apply.
- - - - - - -
Clients need to update relevant award sections (e.g. rate tables, allowances) during the "first full pay period" and should be done after you complete the last payroll at the old rates. Clients should not be waiting until the "first full pay period" has ended - as the changes do not get automatically backdated to payroll periods already finalised. Furthermore, clients should also be doing audits of any changes they make - so these changes should be made with plenty of time and preparation.
Client has a payroll period that falls from 26th June - 2nd July. That payroll period needs to be finalised with no updates made. The client's next payroll period... 03 July -10 July... falls fully within the new financial year. Client needs to make updates during that payroll period so as to have them be effective for that payroll period. Client should check all changes to make sure they are working correctly.
Unsure of what needs to be updated? Contact your industry association or Fair Work for further advice as to what updates may be required. Fair Work Pay Guides
Don't want to do your own updates? easyemployer does offer clients an award updating service. If you would like this to be done for you then you'll need to advise us by 15th of June.
Please email email@example.com and put "award update service required" in the title. Also, please include the following information in your email:
- the dates of your first full pay period that falls within the new financial year.
- the date that you will be processing the payroll for that period.
- identification of which awards in your account you'd like updated.
- (if necessary) identification of fixed rate allowances (e.g. first aid, uniform), penalty rates, triggers for overtime etc that need to be updated.
- a pay rate table of updates that you intend to follow (if you don't have this yet then please forward to us as soon as you get it.
Once we receive your request and the above information we will provide you a quote for doing the work. The cost of works will depend on many factors and it's all quoted based on how long it will take us to make the changes to your account.
Once the updates are actioned by the easyemployer team, you should audit the changes yourself to ensure they are all working as intended.
Common articles for end of financial year updates.
Webinar Video - updating position hourly rates and payroll codes.