Passwords in easyemployer must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Must be at least 8 characters long.
- Cannot be common dictionary words.
- Cannot be easily guessed passwords.
- Cannot be keyboard key sequences or repeated words (e.g. qwerty or 1234).
- Must be of average strength or better. The system will calculate password strength as it is typed.
To make a stronger password, try using a combination of:
- Upper and lower case characters.
- Non dictionary words.
- Special characters & numbers.
- Sequences of unrelated words.
- A longer password.
Some notes about password strength:
- Leading capitals don't add any strength.
- Years (e.g. 1992) are usually equivalent to adding a single character when cracking passwords.
- ! and @ are incredibly common at the ends of passwords.