This guide contains the following topics:
- Invalid ordinary earnings rate ID
- Superannuation Guarantee Contribution line missing in Xero pay template
- Additional hours added into the Xero pay run
- Tracking categories are not assigned to roles
- There can only be one draft pay run per calendar
REQUIRED: Ensure the pay item 'Ordinary Hours' is active in Xero
RECOMMENDED: Ensure the pay item is set as the 'Ordinary Earnings Rate' in the employee's Employment section
Superannuation Guarantee Contribution line missing in Xero pay template
Cause of the error:
Xero requires a Superannuation Guarantee Contribution line in the employees pay template if they are 18 years or over.
- Follow the Xero guide here to add the Superannuation Guarantee Contribution line to the employee(s) pay template.
- Follow the easyemployer guide located here to re-export the pay run
Additional hours added into the Xero pay run
Check the Xero pay template to ensure the hours are removed. For example, Xero will automatically add 76 hours into the pay run for this employee.
Tracking categories missing from roles
- when using tracking categories in Xero, all roles in easyemployer are required to have cost centres, even if they are not used within that payroll.
- Cost centres in easyemployer have to match Xero tracking categories
There can only be one draft pay run per calendar
Example of the error
This error is being reported by Xero, it is not an easyemployer error.
If this error is received, it means there is a draft pay run already in Xero. The draft pay run must be processed or removed before exporting from easyemployer to Xero.