🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
1) What is a sandbox account & why is this important.
A sandbox account is a copy of your ‘live’ account. The sandbox facility is best used for testing any configuration changes - before committing these to your ‘live’ environment. This is an important function for many, with particular regard to the administrators of your Easy Employer account.
2) How do I access my sandbox account.
To access the sandbox environment navigate to https://sandbox.easyemployer.com (please ensure you include the https:// At the beginning of the web URL).
Sandbox is a copy of your ‘live’ account. To access your sandbox you must ensure you have online access enabled and know your credentials (e.g. username and password).
- The username and password for the sandbox environment is the same as your ‘live’ environment.
- Access is only available for clients based in Australia and New Zealand.
- Service availability for the Sandbox environment is not guaranteed.
3) Understanding the data relationship & copying process.
There is a 48-hour delay of data in this account as it is copied overnight. For example, if you allow online access for USER 1 on Monday, they will not be able to login to the sandbox account until Wednesday.
- Overnight the data created in the sandbox is overwritten.
- The data in the sandbox is a destructive copy of your live data. Data is copied periodically every night. This means that sandbox is a replica of your live data; there is no merging of the data, it is a destructive copy.
- we do not recommend practising creating data that is intended to be used in the live account.
4) What is the sandbox environment best used for.
The Sandbox environment is best used for any preliminary testing of new configurations - before you commit these changes to your ‘live’ account.
An example of this could be an award update - where you need to check the output on your payroll report. This allows you to test and confirm the configuration changes needed (e.g. rate table updates) in an environment which is not your ‘live’ account. Once you have made your configuration changes in sandbox and confirmed you have achieved the desired outcome; you can then take those configuration changes and also apply those to your ‘live’ account.
- There is no option to copy data from your sandbox environment back to your ‘live’ environment. Any configuration changes that you wish to have applied in your ‘live’ environment will need to be actioned manually by yourself.
- As the sandbox environment is not persistent, any updates to the configuration are not preserved across more than 1 day.
- Further to this it is not possible to use the sandbox environment for any API integrations. if you require a testing server it is able to be integrated with an external product via API, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The sandbox environment should only be used to test Easy Employer web application functionality. That is functionality directly in the easyemployer web application, not functionality from an external system or the Easy Employer mobile app.
NOTE: The sandbox environment is a small scale shared environment in which customers are able to test configurations changes. This environment is not suitable for 'heavier' feature testing, such as imports/exports, large pay runs, some reports and award interpretation or cost processing. In the event you need to do 'heavier' testing than sandbox supports, we now offer dedicated UAT deployments, scaled to the size that is appropriate for the account and the use cases required. Please contact our support desk for further information on dedicated UAT deployments.