1) Why is this information important
2) Information the easyemployer support desk needs to investigate
i) Basic details needed
ii) Accessing and sending the log file
3) How to further troubleshoot the easyemployer application
i) Important considerations for clearing the app cache
ii) iOS | clear the app cache
iii) Android | clear the app cache
1) Why is this information important.
If you are needing technical support further to the mobile app guides available here:
- It's important that you provide the required information easyemployer support desk needs to correctly investigate your issue.
- It's also important that steps are followed in the order of the guide, to ensure the most correct & accurate information is provided to the support desk.
NOTE: Are you having sync issues? E.g. taking actions on the mobile app which are not showing on the web portal (or to your organisation/employer)?
Please read the Sync + Offline Mode guide (linked below) to troubleshoot potential 'offline mode' issues before contacting the support desk:
2) Information the easyemployer support desk needs to investigate.
The information gathering process requires you to fill in the below linked form, which will ensure you provide all necessary information to enable the easyemployer support desk to investigate your request.
NOTE: We prefer end users to contact us (directly) with their mobile app issues. End users are welcome to reply to the email received (after the form has been submitted) requesting we add their leader/manager to the support request raised. If you would like this done please be sure to provide your leader/manager(s) email address.
i) Basic details needed.
The easyemployer support desk needs (at minimum) the following information before we can review your support request.
1. Your full name and the email address used to sign in on the mobile app.
2. The mobile device operating system and version number e.g. "iOS 14.7" (or) "Android 11".
3. The easyemployer mobile app version. This can be found by opening the easyemployer mobile app and ensuring the keyboard is hidden so the device shows the application version number located in the bottom right of the screen.
4. A brief description of the issue. Please detail the exact steps that have been taken that caused the problem to occur. For Example:
- "I opened the app on my iPhone 8 / Galaxy S9, I went to login and I know my details were ok as they have worked before. It just kept loading (the donut) and then it said the app crashed unexpectedly; I still cannot logon."
5. (optional) You can provide your best contact number when raising your support request via the mobile app support request form (https://easyemployer.link/mobile-app-support-request). The easyemployer support desk may use this phone number to contact you in the event we need to discuss your support request further.
NOTE: We prefer mobile app support requests are raised via the dedicated form, however you can still contact our support desk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. When requesting for support via email, please ensure that you provide all the information we require, otherwise we may not be able to assist further.
ii) Accessing & sending the log file.
On some occasions the easyemployer support desk may request you send a copy of the log file to assist us in providing support to you. You only need to send the log file if the easyemployer support desk requests it.
1. Login to the easyemployer mobile app with your existing credentials.
2. Tap the 'Synchronisation' (sync) tile.
3. Tap the 'Export' button at the bottom of the page.
4. Send this log file using your preferred email client to email@example.com.
3) How to further troubleshoot the easyemployer application.
One action that can be taken which might resolve an issue is to clear app cache and app data on the device.
i) Important considerations for clearing the app cache.
NOTE: Any backlogged sync jobs will be deleted by actioning this process. It's strongly recommended to resolve any sync + offline mode issues before clearing the app cache.
ii) iOS | clear the app cache.
Before actioning these steps ensure the easyemployer app has been forced closed.
1. Open 'Settings' on your phone.
2. Scroll through this page until you find the 'easyemployer' app in the list. Tap on 'easyemployer' to open the app settings.
3. When you open the app settings 'Clear Data' is toggled to be off. Tap the toggle for 'Clear Data' to make the toggle enabled (toggle will then be green).
4. If you have followed these steps correctly, when opening the app the 'remembered' user email address will need to be re-entered. Re-login to the easyemployer mobile app with your existing credentials (in online mode); and allow the app to perform it's initial sync before beginning to use the easyemployer mobile app again.
iii) Android | clear the app cache.
NOTE: Before actioning these steps ensure the easyemployer app has been forced closed.
1. Open your Android phone 'settings'. This is typically a cog icon and can usually be found via your home screen or app tray.
2. Open your 'Apps' settings sub-menu.
3. Locate the 'easyemployer' app and tap on it to open the app settings.
4. Locate 'storage' and tap on it to open the storage settings.
5. Tap 'CLEAR CACHE' (confirm your action if prompted), and also tap 'CLEAR STORAGE' (confirm your action if prompted).
6. If you have followed these steps correctly, when opening the app it will ask for permissions (e.g. location) again, and the 'remembered' user email address will need to be re-entered. Re-login to the easyemployer mobile app with your existing credentials (in online mode); and allow the app to perform it's initial sync before beginning to use the easyemployer mobile app again.