1) Why is this information important
2) Information the easyemployer support desk needs to investigate
i) Basic details & screenshots needed
ii) Accessing and sending the log file
3) How to further troubleshoot the easyemployer application
i) Important considerations for clearing the app cache
ii) iOS | clear the app cache
iii) Android | clear the app cache
1) Why is this information important.
If you are needing technical support further to the mobile app guides available here:
- It's important that you provide the required information easyemployer support desk needs to correctly investigate your issue.
- It's also important that steps are followed in the order of the guide, to ensure the most correct & accurate information is provided to the support desk.
IMPORTANT: Are you having sync issues? E.g. taking actions on the mobile app which are not showing on the web portal (or to your organisation/employer)?
Please read the Sync + Offline Mode guide (linked below) to troubleshoot potential 'offline mode' issues before contacting the support desk:
2) Information the easyemployer support desk needs to investigate.
The information gathering process requires you to send 2x separate email (1x with basic details and screenshots, 1x with a log file attached). Please send these from the same email address (e.g. the same app off your phone) so our support staff can "link" the information together.
IMPORTANT: We prefer end users to contact us (directly) with their mobile app issues. End users are welcome to CC their immediate leader/organisation/employer where deemed appropriate.
i) Basic details & screenshots needed.
The easyemployer support desk needs (at minimum) the following information before we can review your support request.
1. A screenshot of the easyemployer mobile application login page. Please ensure the keyboard is hidden so the image shows the application version number located in the bottom right of the screen.
2. Open a browser on your phone, navigate to supportdetails.com take another screenshot of this page.
3. In the email please detail the exact steps that have been taken that caused the problem to occur. For Example:
- "I opened the app on my iPhone 8 / Galaxy S9, I went to login and I know my details were ok as they have worked before. It just kept loading (the donut) and then it said the app crashed unexpectedly; I still cannot logon."
4. Send the 2x screenshots and the description of your issue to our support desk via email to email@example.com.
ii) Accessing & sending the log file.
1. Login to the easyemployer mobile app with your existing credentials.
2. Tap the 'Synchronisation' (sync) tile.
3. Tap the 'Export' button at the bottom of the page.
4. Send this log file using your preferred email client to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) How to further troubleshoot the easyemployer application.
One action that can be taken which might resolve an issue is to clear app cache and app data on the device.
i) Important considerations for clearing the app cache.
IMPORTANT: Only take these steps after sending the log file. If you clean the app cache & app data, the log will be empty.
IMPORTANT: Any backlogged sync jobs will be deleted by actioning this process. It's strongly recommended to resolve any sync + offline mode issues before clearing the app cache.
ii) iOS | clear the app cache.
Before actioning these steps ensure the easyemployer app has been forced closed.
1. Open 'Settings' on your phone.
2. Scroll through this page until you find the 'easyemployer' app in the list. Tap on 'easyemployer' to open the app settings.
3. When you open the app settings 'Clear Data' is toggled to be off. Tap the toggle for 'Clear Data' to make the toggle enabled (toggle will then be green).
4. If you have followed these steps correctly, when opening the app the 'remembered' user email address will need to be re-entered. Re-login to the easyemployer mobile app with your existing credentials (in online mode); and allow the app to perform it's initial sync before beginning to use the easyemployer mobile app again.
iii) Android | clear the app cache.
NOTE: Before actioning these steps ensure the easyemployer app has been forced closed.
1. Open your Android phone 'settings'. This is typically a cog icon and can usually be found via your home screen or app tray.
2. Open your 'Apps' settings sub-menu.
3. Locate the 'easyemployer' app and tap on it to open the app settings.
4. Locate 'storage' and tap on it to open the storage settings.
5. Tap 'CLEAR CACHE' (confirm your action if prompted), and also tap 'CLEAR STORAGE' (confirm your action if prompted).
6. If you have followed these steps correctly, when opening the app it will ask for permissions (e.g. location) again, and the 'remembered' user email address will need to be re-entered. Re-login to the easyemployer mobile app with your existing credentials (in online mode); and allow the app to perform it's initial sync before beginning to use the easyemployer mobile app again.