1) What are available roster shifts & why are they important.
Available roster shifts are shifts your immediate leader / employer have on the roster period, but are yet to have a user assigned to fulfil the rostered shift.
NOTE: Depending on your organisations rules, you will either be given the shift automatically or this will need to be approved by your immediate leader / employer. Please contact your immediate leader / employer to determine your organisations configuration (and policy) regarding accepting (or) declining of available rostered shifts.
- If you click I am available and you require 'manager approval', you will receive a notification if your request has been accepted or declined.
- If you click I am available and you do not require 'manager approval', you will automatically receive the shift.
- If you click I am not available the shift will be marked as unavailable and the shift will disappear from your screen.
2) Actioning available roster shifts through the online portal.
i) via the to-do list.
- A notification will be displayed in to do list if there are any available rostered shifts. Click on the notification to expand it.
- Click the action button to select your availability for that shift.
- Choose your availability.
ii) via your roster.
- Click My Easy Employer on the navigation bar and select Rosters.
- This opens up the My rosters page. From here you can see the current roster period at the top, and the option to view future (or) past rosters, or rosters that meet a date range.
- Clicking on a period opens up the weeks roster for that period. Available shifts will be displayed in pink in the Available shifts section.
- Click the available shift and then click Accept or decline this shift (tick icon).
- Select your availability.