This article includes the following topics:
- How does this feature work
- How to obtain the ical URL to add to electronic calendar
- Links to guides
NOTE: It is the responsibility of the calendar application to pull new data from easyemployer. In some calendar applications you can control the interval it updates, or you can perform a refresh or send and receive to pull new data to your calendar from easyemployer.
What is an electronic calendar
An electronic calendar is generally available through external email services. These calendars are designed to help users plan their days and allocate time to specific tasks.
How does this feature work
Subscribing to My Roster using an ical link, automatically adds roster shifts into your electronic calendar. Your roster is kept up to date in your calendar by automatically updating with published shifts, at a defined update interval.
The following picture is an example of how your roster will look in an electronic calendar:
How to obtain the ical URL to add to electronic calendar
1. Click Rosters
2. Click My Roster
3. Click on the current roster
4. Click on the calendar Icon on the right hand side just next to PDF file icon
- The export to calendar popup will be displayed:
5. Copy the link
6. Subscribe to the calendar in your electronic calendar.
Links to guides
To add your calendar into Outlook 2010:
1. Obtain the link above
2. Open Outlook
3. Click Open Calendar and select From Internet
4. Paste in the URL and click ok
5. Your calendar will now be populated with the roster shifts.
The instructions for Outlook 2013 are the same as 2010.
Mozilla Thunderbird Lightning Calendar
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird ensuring Lightning Calendar addon is installed
- Click 'Create a new calendar' on the main page
- Click 'On the Network', Next
- Select 'iCalendar (ICS) and paste the web address into the Location field. Click Next.
- Enter a name for the calendar and choose your other settings. Click Next.
iPhone or iPad
The easiest way to subscribe to your roster through your iPhone or iPad, is to email yourself the link, or access easyemployer directly through your device and click on the link. Your device will recognise this as a calendar and ask you to subscribe.
Once you have subscribed, you can then rename the calendar to the desired name. To do this:
1. Click Settings
2. Click Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Click Subcribed Calendars
4. Edit the description to the correct name, e.g. City Pharmacist Roster or My Roster at City Pharmacy