🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
1) What is a shift cover & why are they important?
The Shift Cover feature is available on certain accounts and allows users to find a replacement for their own shifts. This feature might be useful to organisations and their employees; as it allows users to find a replacement to a rostered shift that might not be able to work.
Depending on your organisations rules, you request for a shift cover (or your acceptance of a shift cover) may need to be approved by your immediate leader / employer. Please contact your immediate leader / employer to determine your organisations configuration (and policy) regarding requesting for (or) accepting of rostered shift covers.
Your employer / organisation will need this feature enabled for you to be permitted to use the rostered shift cover feature.
2) How to request a shift cover
- Click My Easy Employer on the navigation bar and select Rosters.
- This opens up the My rosters page. From here you can see the current roster period at the top, and the option to view future (or) past rosters, or rosters that meet a date range.
- Clicking on a period opens up the weeks roster for that period. Here you can see your shift details. Select the shift which you would like covered and click the 'Request someone else to cover this shift' button.
- Select a suitable user (employee) to request to cover your shift; and Submit the request.
3) How to accept a shift cover
- Log in to your Easy Employer account.
- The shift cover request will appear in your To Do List.
- By clicking the to-do item; a pop-up dialog box will appear with the shift cover request details.
You can then Accept or Decline the rostered shift cover request (or select Cancel to review it at a later time).