This article includes the following topics:
- Creating a leave request
- Reviewing a leave request
What is a leave request
A leave request is required by most organisations for any form of planned leave or time away from work. A leave request contains important information regarding the time away and is sent to an individual within the organisation for approval.
***NOTE*** - if you are creating a leave request and the estimated hours are "0" then this means your standard daily hours have not been set in easyemployer. Please ask your employer to set these. If you have standard daily hours set then the "0" balance may be caused by the leave shift being generated while an actual shift was already present. This would mean the standard daily hours are satisfied by the actual shift and the leave shift did not need to satisfy any of the standard daily hours. There is an easier way to get the leave in for this situation. Click 'Manage' on an automatically generated shift. You will have the option to 'Convert to leave' which will ensure that an issue like this does not occur in the future. Alternatively, the actual shift would need to be deleted before the leave shift is created.
Why is this important
If an organisation requires leave requests to be submitted then the following content can help to guide users through the process.
How to create a leave request
1. On your homepage, click 'Create leave request' under quick links
2. Select the leave type by using the drop down, select if it is paid or unpaid and click 'Next'
3. The next screen will allow you to choose the date range & time for the request
4. Click the calendar icon next to the date displayed to change the date. A calendar popup will be displayed:
5. Select the start date and end date of the of the request
6. If the request is for a part day, untick automatically calculate and choose the time
7. Once your date and time selections have been made click Next
8. The next screen will allow you to enter a comment for the request which your manager will see. Provide as much detail as possible. Once you have entered your comment, click Next
9. The next screen will give you a review of the request. Review the information and click Finish
10. Done! Your request has been submitted and will be reviewed by your manager. You will receive notification when your request has been approved or declined.
Reviewing leave requests
1. Click the Leave tab at the top of the screen
2. Your upcoming leave requests will be displayed under My leave
3. To edit or delete a request, click the edit icon or delete icon
4. To filter leave requests, for example to view past requests, check Show filter options and make your selection and click Apply filters