1) What are email notifications & why is this important.
Email notifications are an additional method of notifying users of the easyemployer product when something important has occurred related to their account. This may include (but is not limited to):
- rosters being published.
- leave request being actioned.
- system notice being received.
It's important to ensure you are receiving your email notifications as these will likely include important information.
2) How to solve problems receiving email notifications.
Sometimes emails can not be seen by a user in their inbox due to their email settings. We recommend following the below steps to investigate / troubleshoot these types of issues.
1. Check your 'Junk Folder' (or) 'Spam Folder' of your email to check if emails could be going there.
2. Check for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Open the email and mark as 'Not Junk' (noting there could be different ways to mark an email as 'Not Junk' depending on your email provider, refer to your providers instructions for achieving this).
Alternatively, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com can be added to address book and all the emails sent after that will likely be placed in the 'Inbox' instead of the 'Junk or Spam Folder'.
If the emails were not in your junk folder and/or the address book step didn't work - try adding the above email addresses to a "safe sender" list. Instructions to achieve this will vary according to your email provider.