This guide contains the following information:
- What is the Payroll Costs report
- How to access the Payroll Costs report
What is the Payroll Costs report
The payroll costs report displays the payroll costs associated with a given timesheet period.
Why is this important
The payroll costs report provides an easy to understand summary of the timesheet/payroll costs associated within a given period.
Users can breakdown the cost records for any period and drill down to certain information you require.
A few examples of how this report can be used:
- See the individual cost records that make up a full payroll period, or a single employees pay slip.
- See the aggregated hour and cost totals for overtime categories over a current period to help drill down on excess labour costs.
- See the aggregated hour and cost totals for a given location over a given period. Compare this to other locations to determine efficiency or area's for improvement.
When would the Payroll Costs Report be used
Users can access the Payroll Costs report at any stage when logged in to easyemployer, although it is best used when processing cost records after the completion of a timesheet period. As such, the default dates on the report are based on the previous timesheet / payroll period
How to access the Payroll Costs report
1. Select Reports from the top navigation bar
2. Select Payroll Costs report
3. The report will load by default with all fields visible
The following icons can be found in the top right hand corner of the screen
4. The fields displayed can be edited by pressing on the pencil icon
Select the fields you wish to display and press Submit. You can select the 'save columns' button if you want to save the layout of these fields when opening this report in the future.
- Once submitted, only the selected fields will be displayed
5. The report can be refreshed by pressing on the Reload button
6. Similarly, costs can be re-processed by selecting the Reprocess Costs button. Please note that as this needs to reprocess all actual and leave shifts through the award interpreter, this can take several minutes to finish processing.
7. The report can be exported to CSV and XLS documents by selecting either the:
- Export to CSV button
- Export to XLS button
8. The report allows you to search for a specific word, and once searched, only rows containing that word will be displayed
9. In the top left hand corner of the report the timesheet period displayed can be changed by selecting the preferred dates using the calendar
10. The report can be scoped by the Category Code, Groups, Users or Group by, through selecting the Edit button for the corresponding field.
- Once set, selecting the 'Set as default' checkbox will force these scopes to be set when opening this report in the future.
- The Category Code scope will allow you to select which payroll categories are displayed in the report
- The Groups scope will allow you to only display certain Payroll Entities, Sites, Containers, Areas or Roles
- The Users scope will allow you to select which users are displayed in the report
- The Group by scope will allow you to select the way in which the fields are grouped together