🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
1) What is a role
2 ) Why would you use this feature
You would use this feature to add a user to one or more job(s), or 'role(s)', that they work within the organisation.
3 ) When would you use this feature
You would use this feature shortly after creating the user. If a user isn't assigned to a role, they won't appear on the roster and therefore can't have shifts allocated to them.
4 ) How to Add a user to a role
- Click Organisation and select Users.
- Click on the user that you want to add to the specific role.
- Select Roles on the sidebar and click the Edit role button (pencil icon).
- Select the Payroll Entity, Site, Area and Role and then click Save.
i) Intelligently selecting roles
Intelligently selecting roles allows you to quickly select roles a user can work out across multiple sites, areas etc.. in the organisation.
- Open the users roles page as described above.
- Click Edit.
- You can intelligently select any level of the group tree, for example:
- 4. You can also select multiple sites, for example:
- Once you have intelligently selected a part of the group tree, the Intelligent role select will show on the right hand side:
- Select the roles that the user can work, for example:
- The roles will automatically be selected across the part of the group tree you have intelligently selected.
- Click Save.
ii) Removing a user from a role
- Click Organisation.
- Click Users.
- Click on the user that you want to remove from the specific role.
- Select Roles on the sidebar.
- Click the Edit role button (pencil icon).
- Deselect the role(s) or you can deselect the Site and it will deselect everything below.
iii) Adding a user to a role via the Organisation Structure
- Click Organisation on the navigation bar and select Organisation structure.
- Select the role in which you wish to add users to.
- Select Users from the sidebar and click Add User to Group.
- Tick the user(s) you wish to add and press Add. The user(s) will now be assigned to that role.