This guide contains the following topics:
- What are user general notes
- Who can see user general notes
- How to set user general notes
What are user - general notes
The user notes feature is often overlooked. It can be used to leave notes on a user's profile. These notes are only visible to a manager.
Note: If the user manages themselves, they will be able to see notes against their profile.
Why use it
These notes could be used to document many things but some uses include: notes about warnings, issues or incidents. These notes could also be used to document performance management matters or anything that might be useful during a staff review session.
Who can see user general notes
Notes against a users profile can be seen by any user who manages that user.
How does it work
1. Click 'Organisation'
2. Click 'Users'
3. Click the user (I clicked on Joe Bloggs)
4. Click 'Notes'
5. Click the 'Pencil' icon to enter the note(s)
6. Click 'Save' to save the note against the user or 'Cancel' to cancel the note entirely