This article includes the following topics:
- Notifying users of available shift(s)
- Assigning to user(s)
What is the fill-in finder
The fill-in finder is a quick and easy way to find a replacement for a shift. This feature becomes available once the roster has been published and communicated.
Why is this important
Users can be asked if they can work a shift via SMS and/or email and can reply back yes or no.
How to notify users of available shift(s)
1. Open the roster you are working on
2. Click the shift you need to find a replacement for
3. The following screen is displayed:
4. Click on Manage Shift button
5. The following screen is displayed:
6. Under Notify tick the employees you would like to ask if they can work a shift
7. You can change the shift details as well on the left hand side.
8. Click Save & Notify
9. The following screen is displayed:
10. Choose the method and click Submit. See user access settings to set the preferred contact method.
11. Choosing email or SMS forces the system to use that method only. If the employee doesn't have either in their profile, the system will automatically use an alternate method
12. Click Submit and the message will be sent to the selected users
13. The shift will now change to an open status which is shown by a pink colour change to the shift.
Assigning a shift to user(s)
The user will receive a message asking them if they can work the shift. The user can then reply back yes or no to the shift. This information comes back into the system and you can see who is available straight away.
There are two methods for assigning the shift:
To do list
1. The to do list will display a notification of the shift
2. Click on the to do list item to manage the shift
3. This will cause the shift management page to open.
4. This page can be sorted by date, time, site area and role.
5. Shifts can be reassigned by clicking on the cog at the end of that shifts row.
6. Click on Manage
7. Clicking on Manage will cause the following pop up:
- The rate of employee is also available so users can make an informed decision
- Click on the check box to the left of Kelly Thompson and click assign shift
- A message will be sent to Kelly informing her that she has been given the shift
- Any other users that have replied back yes to the shift will be informed that the shift is no longer available
- Employees that have said no to the shift will not receive any notification.
Through the roster
1. Open the roster
2. Shifts that are open will be a pink colour
3. If a user has said yes to work on the shift, a number will be shown on the shift as shown in the following picture:
4. The number indicates the number of employees that have said yes to the shift
5. Clicking on the shift will display the following:
6. In the above example, Kelly Thompson has said yes to working which is shown by the green bar and the text available under notify in front of his name. Thomas Hargrave was notified on 05/12/2016 but he hasn't replied yet
7. Click on the check box to the left of Kelly Thompson to assign shift
8. A message will be sent to Kelly Thompson informing her that she has been given the shift
9. Andrea Lewins will be informed that she no longer has the shift
10. Any other users that have replied yes to the shift will be informed that the shift is no longer available
11. Employees that have said no to the shift will not receive any notification