This guide contains the following topics:
- Creating a public holiday template
- Loading your public holiday template
What are public holidays in easyemployer
Public holidays are special days that will indicate a day off or penalty rates for employees.
Why is this important
Roster shifts should only be assigned on public holidays if the employee is actually working that day. For permanent employees not working on the public holiday, easyemployer will calculate the hours for that day based on the employees pay conditions (standard hours and days).
To change what public holidays your organisation observes, please see the guide: Configuring observed public holidays
How to create a public holiday template
You can create public holiday templates to load in on a public holiday because your shifts may differ to normal.
1. Click Rosters
2. Click Create roster template
3. Fill out the following details:
- Duration: 1 day
- Roster template name: give it a name
- Create from: Blank
The roster template will load with only 1 day. Here you can assign all the shifts required for the public holiday
Loading your public holiday template
1. Open your Roster
2. Load in your normal Weekly Template
3. At the bottom of the public holiday day, there is a Load roster template button
4. Select this and choose your public holiday template