This guide contains the following information:
- How to create a roster shift
- How to edit a roster shift
- How to delete a roster shift
What are roster shifts
Roster shifts are shifts that are assigned to employees and provide information regarding the employees tasks for a specific date.
Why is this important
Ensuring employees understand what is required of them for a shift is the purpose of the roster. Changes may need to be made to a roster as an organisation's requirements change.
To create a roster shift
After opening a roster period the following instructions will help users create, edit and delete a roster shift.
1. Click in the cell to create the shift manually.
2. Drag a common shift from the common shifts bar.
3. Copy a shift from another employee by clicking and dragging a shift, hold down ctrl button then let go of the mouse button.
To edit a roster shift
1. Click the shift and the radial menu will show.
2. Click the Manage Shift button
3. Adjust the roster shift settings.
Deleting roster shifts
Roster shifts can be deleted 2 ways
1. Click and drag the shift into the bin that appears on the right hand side.
The bin will gain a blue shadow and give the appearance of having items in it, to signify that if released in that location, the shift will be deleted.
2. Click the shift and the radial menus will show. Click the delete button.