This guide contains the following information:
- What is the gender specific shift requirement feature
- When would you use the feature
- How to set up easyemployer to display a user's gender on the roster shift management form
- How to set the gender specific shift requirement
NOTE: remember to set the gender of each user, in their profile.
What is the gender specific shift requirement feature
The gender specific shift requirement feature allows a user's suitability to work a shift to be defined by their gender. easyemployer now also has a feature to display a user's gender on the Roster shift management page. These features can be used independently or together if desired
When would you use the gender specific shift requirement feature
This feature could be used if a gender requirement exists for a specific shift. For example, if there is a client that can only work with Female employees, this can be set as a requirement. As a result all Male employees will appear as unsuitable to work the shift.
Why is this important
If an employee is assigned to a role where a gender requirement exists that they don't meet, they will show as unsuitable to work shifts for that role.
How to set up easyemployer to display a user's gender on the roster shift management form
1. Select Organisation from the top navigation bar
2. Select Organisation
3. Select Settings from the left navigation bar
4. Expand the Roster Settings. The 'Suitability Ranker Columns to Display' options will appear.
5. The first item in the table will be Gender. By default this will be set to No.
6. Edit the setting, select the check-box, and save the changes. This will now appear as Yes
7. The gender for each user will now display on the Shift Management Page for Roster shifts
8. The options that are displayed in the suitability ranker can be refined by following the steps in the guide on Roster - shift assignment info columns to display
How to set the gender specific shift requirement
1. Open the Organisation Structure and Select the Role that has a gender requirement
2. Select Settings from the left navigation bar
3. The Settings will now have a Gender option
4. Edit the setting, select the Gender requirement, and save your selection.
5. When assigning a shift for this role on the roster, the Gender of employees will appear next to suitable employees in the Suitability Ranker, and only employees of the defined gender will be suitable to work the shift.