This guide contains the following information:
- Why would you use this feature
- When would you use this feature
- How to create a timesheet period in advance
- How to create timesheet shifts in advance
Note: Timesheet periods can be created in advance if you have the relevant permission (By default, this is organisation owners only some users might possess a custom permission set).
Why would you use this feature
This feature allows timesheet periods to be completed in advance. You would use this feature to create a period in advance (for example, the Christmas timesheet period).
When would you use this feature
This feature would be used when planning ahead. For example, in situations where no staff will be working but will still get paid, such as the Christmas holidays.
How to create periods in advance
1. Open the current timesheet
2. Click next week (and again if in first week of a 2 week timesheet)
3. The timesheet creation page will be displayed.
4. Press the Create button
How to create timesheet shifts in advance
Timesheet shifts can be created in any timesheet period as long as the selected group(s) are unfinalised. These can be created manually by clicking into a blank space in a cell or by using the automatically generate shifts function. See the following guides: