🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
1) What are award pay groups
Award pay groups are set based on the industry or workplace award. These rates are assigned to users and dictate their normal hourly rate and penalties. Rates need to be assigned to employees to ensure they are paid correctly. This also enables Easy Employer to project costs for a roster period.
2) Assigning/editing user's Award, Position, Pay group and Classification rate
- Click Organisation on the navigation bar and select Users.
- Click the specific user (e.g. Jake Barrel).
- Select Payroll on the sidebar, and click Change.
- Select the Award, Position, Pay group and Classification rate, and click Save.
Follow the steps above to change/update the Award, Position, Pay group, and Classification rate.
NOTE: Changing a users pay group or base hourly rate through the methods above, will only update the users details from the current payroll period forward. If you need to update the details in a previous payroll period, open that payroll report and click Change next to award pay group (you cannot change pay groups in previously finalised payroll periods).
2) Creating a custom rate
The process below outlines the new way to add custom rates in Easy Employer. This has been changed as this method provides the following benefits:
- Better reporting than previous methods
- Ensures all employees appear on a rate table
- Prevents issues with data integrity
- Click Organisation on the navigation bar, and select Awards.
- Select the award.
- Select the position where the custom rate should apply.
- 5. Click the Add button on the User rates table.
- A popup box will be displayed. Add the name and value of the custom rate, and click Save.
- The rate will be added to the User rates table.
6) Assigning a custom rate
Once the custom rate has been added to the rate table it can be selected for a user.
1. Click Organisation on the navigation bar and select Users.
2. Click the user, select Payroll on the sidebar, and click Change.
6. Select the position that contains the custom rate.
7. The custom rate will appear on the classification rate list. Select the custom rate and save changes.