This guide contains the following topics:
- What is a bonus rate
- How to assign a bonus rate
What is a bonus rate
Assigning a bonus to a user allows you to increase their base hourly rate, but keep them on the relevant position and hourly rate. For example, John might be assigned to a level 1, 18+ rate. You can now leave him assigned to that award rate, and increase his base rate by using a bonus amount. All the penalties will now be calculated based on the award rate + bonus amount.
Why is this important
Depending on the circumstances some organisations may choose to adjust the pay rate of some users using this feature.
How to assign a bonus amount
1. Click Organisation
2. Click Users
3. Select the User you wish to edit
4. Open their payroll settings
5. Click Change next to a user's Award Pay Group
6. In the Bonus Hourly Rate field, add in the relevant amount and click Submit.