This article contains information regarding the following topics:
- Where is the leave shift creation configuration
- What are the different configuration options
Note: The leave shift length creates based on the configuration in the users award.
See: Award - leave shift length creation configuration for more information.
Where is the leave shift creation configuration
The leave shift length creation configuration is located in the award for the user and this also can be configured per pay group (in the award). If they are not on a pay group, it will create based on the default award (see: Award - default). It is located in a section called Leave types and the shift length creation configuration is located under Shift length.
What are the different configuration options
Your organisation could be using one of the many different configuration options when creating leave shifts. This can be configured per pay group, so each pay group may have a different configuration.
Note: It is the responsibility of the manager to review the leave shift on the timesheet and adjust this to the correct duration to be paid. If the duration has not been created correctly, the leave shift can easily be edited and the time changed.
The different shift length creation options are:
1. Standard daily hours - this looks at the users standard hours set per day. It will only create a shift on the days the user has standard hours enabled for. To see a users standard hours, see: Standard hours (a shift can be created manually if required very easily)
- Follow the instructions in the Standard hours guide to bring up the Award pay group screen. In the following example, I will set the standard days for a full time employee to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday and a minimum of 7.6 hours on those days:
- Click Override weekly days for user
- Select the days under Standard day
- Enter the Min paid hours for each day
- Click Submit
2. Average paid - this looks at paid shifts, on the day(s) the leave request is for, over X amount of weeks
3. Average roster - this looks at roster shifts, on the day(s) the leave request is for, over X amount of weeks
4. Specific - this created the leave shift for X hours on each day the leave request is for
5. Create no leave shift - does not create a leave shift. This can be used for blocking out periods of time using the leave system.