This guide contains the following information:
- How to determine who is responsible for approving a leave request
What is this article about
This article outlines how to assign a user the ability to approve leave. Please note that in order to approve leave requests (including receiving the email notification), the user's permission set must be set to either Administrator, Payroll Admin or Owner. By default the Manager permission set does not allow users to approve leave requests.
Why is this important
Users can submit a leave request in easyemployer however leave requests need to be approved by an appropriate person in the organisation. In some cases organisations may wish to review which users possess the appropriate permissions to approve leave.
This guide is related to the guide on How to set up leave approval levels
How to determine which users are responsible for approving leave requests
1. Open Organisation
2. Navigate to Users
3. Select an employee.
4. Select Roles from the left navigation pane.
5. Hover over the information icon next to the Home role and note the full path of their Home role as well as the role name.
6. Open Organisation
7. Select Organisation structure.
8. Find the location of the employee's home role.
9. Select that level within the organisation structure. This will open the Manage group settings.
10. Select Users from the left navigation pane.
11. Search for any user with Group permissions who is able to approve leave.
12. (Refer to basic permissions and functions table. Note this does not include custom permissions.)
13. If none of the listed users possess the appropriate permissions, check the site and area sections in the organisation structure.