This guide contains the following information:
- Who will receive the leave request email
- How to determine who is responsible for approving a leave request
- Troubleshooting leave request email issues
What is this article about
This article outlines how to assign a user the ability to approve leave. Please note that in order to approve leave requests (including receiving the email notification), the user's permission set must be set to either Administrator or Owner. By default, the Manager and Payroll admin permission sets do not allow users to approve leave requests.
Why is this important
Users can submit a leave request in easyemployer however leave requests need to be approved by an appropriate person in the organisation. In some cases organisations may wish to review which users possess the appropriate permissions to approve leave.
This guide is related to the guide on How to set up leave approval levels
Who will receive the leave request email
Leave request emails will be sent to the primary approver, that is, the first level user(s) with leave approval permission (administrator and owner by default) over the users home role.
For example, if there are an administrator and owner over the area where the users home role sits, the administrator will receive the email. If there are multiple administrators assigned to the same area, where the users home role sits, both administrators will receive the email.
How to determine which users are responsible for approving leave requests
1. Open Organisation
2. Navigate to Users
3. Select an employee.
4. Select Roles from the left navigation pane.
5. Hover over the information icon next to the Home role and note the full path of their Home role as well as the role name.
6. Open Organisation
7. Select Organisation structure.
8. Find the location of the employee's home role.
9. Select that level within the organisation structure. This will open the Manage group settings.
10. Select Users from the left navigation pane.
11. Search for any user with Group permissions who is able to approve leave.
12. (Refer to basic permissions and functions table. Note this does not include custom permissions.)
13. If none of the listed users possesses the appropriate permissions, check the site and area sections in the organisation structure.
Troubleshooting leave request emails
If the leave request email is not being received by the correct user, the most common situation is that the home role is set incorrectly.
To check who is receiving the email:
1. Open sandbox
2. Assume the user that is submitting the leave
3. Submit a leave request as the user
4. Revert back and open the communications log (even though the email was not actually sent as these are blocked on sandbox it will still record this in the communications log)
5. Change the date to the day that the communication is sent.