This guide contains the following information:
- How to import or update payroll categories in easyemployer
What is the import payroll function
The payroll import function allows organisations to add or update their payroll categories quickly and easily.
Why is this important
Manually adding payroll categories can be very time consuming. This feature enables users to save time and ensure the correct award is added or updated.
How to import or update payroll categories in easyemployer
1. Select Organisation from the top navigation bar
2. Select Import / export
3. Select Import / update payroll categories
4. Choose the relevant source payroll application, payroll entity and award. Additionally you may need to choose a file to import from if this is requested.
If you are going through the mapping process again to override incorrect mappings with other awards then you can select the ‘enforce remapping’ option.
5. Click Next.
6. The system will try to map incoming entries to payroll categories in easyemployer.
Check to ensure the mappings are correct:
- For any payroll categories that don’t need to be referenced in easyemployer (like a bonus rate for example) these can be skipped.
- There may be multiple matches when trying to import some payroll categories, these will need to be addressed by skipping, mapping to a different payroll category, or by creating a new payroll category.
7. When all entries have been addressed the ‘Import’ button can be selected to finish the process.
8. You will then get a message about the successful importing of the payroll categories.