This article includes the following topics:
- Requirements to run the time clock
- How to obtain a time clock URL
- Running a time clock on a device
- Creating a Time Clock shortcut for your device
What is a time clock
A time clock is typically used to enable staff from an organisation to indicate that they are starting or ending a shift. However time clocks also display additional information that organisations may find helpful, such as employee scheduled start times and displaying whether or not employees are late for a shift.
Why would I use this
The time clock feature is used by many organisations as their preferred clocking option. In certain circumstances an organisation may require additional time clocks for new sites or work areas.
Requirements to run the time clock
The time clock requires an active internet connection to work. If your internet connection is intermittent and not reliable, our desktop clocking station is the preferred clocking method as it works when the internet connection is offline. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The time clock runs best with an advanced browser like Google Chrome (Pin code only) or Firefox (Fingerprint or Pin Code). Please install and use this browser to access the time clock: www.google.com/chrome
A browser cookie removing software cannot be running on the computer otherwise the time clock will be unauthorised and cannot be used
Ad blocking / cookie blocking extensions or software cannot be running on the computer / browser
Removing browser history / cookies will remove the browser authorisation cookie therefore de-authorising the time clock in that browser and can longer be used unless it is reauthorised.
How to obtain a time clock URL
The time clock can be created for the whole organisation or for only a specific group (e.g. site, area). Once the time clock has been created, it will provide you with a unique link which can only be used on one device.
Once the time clock has been used on a device it is locked to that device only (this is a security measure to prevent the ability for staff or other users to run the time clock from any other device).
You can easily revert access to that device if it no longer requires access to the time clock. There are no limits to how many time clocks can be created for an organisation.
1. Click Organisation
2. Click Time Clocks
3. Click Create a new time clock
4. Enter the name of the time clock and assign a password (used for initial authentication on device This is optional now as newly created Time clocks do not need a password set) as shown in the following picture:
- Click Create
5. The next screen will allow you to select the groups for this time clock. In this example I will select the Melbourne pharmacy only
- Once you have made your selection click Save
6. The next dialogue will allow you to set some time clock settings:
- Allow clocking of shifts - you can disable clocking of shifts if you would like to use this time clock as a dashboard only
- Allow clocking of breaks - enable or disable clocking of breaks
- Allow PIN logins - allow staff to login using a pin code
- Display rostered and clocked times - displays rostered times on the user icon if the user has been rostered
- Display site names - displays the site name in the user cell
- Display are names - displays the area name in the user cell
7. The next screen will present you with a URL that will be used to browse to the time clock through an electronic devices browser.
Running the time clock on a device
1. Obtain the time clock URL by following the guide above ( If you are putting it on another computer, copy the URL to a notepad application and copy to the computer. You can also enter it manually by copying it to a notepad application and printing the URL. The other option would be to create the Time Clock on the computer you would like it on)
2. Enter the URL into the browser on the device you would like to run it on and click enter
3. Enter the password
4. The Time Clock will now be displayed as shown in the following picture:
5. The time clock has now been created. See Using the time clock for instructions on how to use the time clock.
Creating a Time Clock shortcut for your device
1. Open the Time Clock you wish to create a shortcut for
2. Press on the actions menu
3. Hover over the More Tools option, then select Create Application Shortcuts...
4. The Create Application Shortcuts screen will pop-up, input your preferences and press Create
5. A shortcut of the Time Clock will now appear on the Desktop and/or Taskbar (depending on your selection)
1. Open the browser and navigate to the Time Clock
2. Press on the actions menu
3. Select Add to Home Screen
4. Input the title that you would like the shortcut to be saved as
5. The Time Clock will now appear as a shortcut on your home screen
1. Open the browser and navigate to the Time Clock that you'd like to bookmark
2. Press on the Menu Button
3. Input the name of the Bookmark and press ok
4. Press and hold the Bookmark you created and select Add Shortcut to Home
5. The shortcut will now appear on your homepage