This article includes the following topics:
- User not showing on the time clock
- Resetting the time clock
- Please enter password and the key for this time clock is no longer valid
What is the time clock
Time clocks are used to enable staff to indicate that they are starting or ending a shift. However time clocks also display additional information that organisations may find helpful, such as employee scheduled start times and whether or not employees are late for a shift.
Why is this important
The time clock feature is used by many organisations as their preferred clocking option. In certain circumstances an organisation may require additional time clocks for new sites or work areas.
User not showing on time clock
If a user does not show on the time clock, the first thing to check is that the roles that the user(s) are part of is selected in the group scope for the time clock. You can easily see this by clicking the All roles drop down in the time clock itself and making sure the roles are showing.
If the role is not showing, you need to edit the time clock groups through easyemployer time clock settings, see Time clock - updating the time clock (dashboard) settings. Once this has been updated, refresh the time clock and check again.
How to Reset the time clock
Each time clock is authorised to work on one device only. If you want to disable access to a time clock on a specific device, or move it to another device, you can reset the time clock to reauthorise on a different device.
1. Click Organisation
2. Click Time Clocks
3. Click on reset time cog next to the time clock you want to re-authorise. Select 'Reset lock'
4. Click on the cog and select 'Get link' to get the time clock URL
5. Copy the link and paste in the browser on which you want to use the time clock and press Enter
6. Enter the password for the time clock (If the password has been forgotten reset the password by clicking on the cog and selecting 'Reset password')
7. The time clock is now authorised to work on the new device
Time clock is no longer valid
If the following message is displayed 'Please enter password and the key for this time clock is no longer valid' then enter a password on the same internet browser and computer that the time clock has always been run on. It generally means that the authorisation cookie has been deleted (possibly caused by a cookie cleaning application like cc cleaner etc).
To fix this issue:
- Ensure that you have cookies enabled within your browser.
- Follow the Resetting the time clock guide above to reauthorise the computer or create a new time clock by following the time clock creation guide
- After resetting the time clock, try using the link in a different browser that is supported.