This guide contains the following topics:
- Requirements to run the time clock
- What are browser cookies
Requirements to run the time clock
1. A modern computer system with a minimum monitor resolution of 1024x768 and minimum 10" screen size that is configured with a user account that staff who need to use easyemployer's time & attendance functions can access.
2. A modern, up to date web browser (old versions of the browsers are not supported). The support browsers are:
- Google Chrome (the preferred browser)
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer 11 (Internet Explorer 8, 9 or 10 are not supported)
3. The browser cannot be running in a private browsing mode
4. The browser must not be running any blocking extensions that stop websites from saving browser cookies (see below, What are browser cookies)
5. The browser must not be running any software that clears the cache or cookies when the browser is closed
6. The computer/device must not be running any software that clears the cache or cookies in the browser.
Biometric Fingerprint Time Clock Requirements
The time clock requirements (above) plus:
1. The computer is running a supported version of Windows (currently Windows 7 and above, Windows XP and Below are no longer supported)
2. The computer is running an up to date version of Java.
3. You or your IT support team can install drivers onto the computer using an administrator account
4. Up to date Mozilla Firefox browser
What are browser cookies
The time clock uses a simple text file called a cookie which sits on your computer. These cookies are completely safe and secure and will never contain any sensitive information. This cookie is used to lock the time clock to a specific computer.