This guide contains the following topics:
- Reversing PAYG and / or Superannuation when you are not reversing any gross wages
Reversing PAYG and / or Superannuation when you are not reversing any gross wages
If you are completing a reversal of PAYG and / or superannuation and you are not reversing any gross wages, you need to first add a $0 adjustment (non standard) rate to the employee.
You can then add this rate to the employees pay run screen to bring up their payslip where you can edit the PAYG and Superannuation values and complete the reversal.
1. Create a new pay run in Payroll Guru making sure you select the correct period ending date to match the period for which the reversal is happening for
2. If the employee does not have a $0 adjustment rate, following the guide here to add a new pay rate:
- Adjustment (non standard) with a $0 value
3. Add a 1 value to this rate and click update payslip and the following screen will be displayed
4. Click the employees name which will show you the employees payslip screen where you can edit PAYG and Superannuation values
5. Enter in the reversal of PAYG and / or superannuation and click update after each value
6. You can view the payslip by clicking View payslip where you will see the reversal
- In above picture, you will see
- PAYG: the reversal of PAYG has given the employee a net pay of $240 giving them back the PAYG that was previously deducted and adjust their YTD values
- Superannuation: the reversal of PAYG will deduct the amount from their superannuation will will adjust their YTD values
7. The pay run screen will show the reversals
8. Submit the pay run as normal.