|Announced On||Support ends||Removal|
|January 17, 2018||January 31, 2018||February 28, 2018|
Support for the Java applet timeclock is being removed. We will discontinue support on January 31st, 2018. You will no longer be able to use the "Java Applet Timeclock" beginning March 1, 2018.
If you are currently using the Java applet timeclock you need to prepare for the migration instructions being published on/before 1st of February 2018.
What does this mean for "Java Applet Timeclock" users?
Between the announcement and removal dates, easyemployer will not make updates to the Java Applet Timeclock interface or correct bug fixes.
At the removal date, if you are still using the Java Applet Timeclock; all function will no longer work.
Why is easyemployer removing this?
The removal of the old roster interface is threefold:
- Depending on your policy for updating your Java installation; this updating process may make the fingerprint scanner not function.
- To correct this; protracted troubleshooting and an advanced understanding of Windows and associated applications is required.
- We have developed a standalone solution that addressed these reliability issues, and (in some circumstances) provide moderate performance improvements.
Am I affected?
If your timeclock is displaying the below message next to the fingerprint icon, this means you are affected.
Java Applet Timeclock - Deprecation Warning Active
New Timeclock Installation - No Action Required
What do I need to do?
Clients with a "Do It Yourself" USB fingerprint module.
- You will need to perform a migration installation on your own computer. A full set of instructions will be published on/before the support end date (January 31, 2018). A migration takes approximately 30-60 minutes per instance.
- Please note - easyemployer support desk are not able to provide remote assistance or perform the migration on your own computer for you.
Clients with an 'All-In-One" managed unit.
- We have already begun the migration. Our support desk may be in contact with you between now and the removal date to discuss the migration. If you would like to opt in early to the migration; please contact our support desk by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone through the details on our support website support.easyemployer.com.
What happens if I do not migrate?
Your Java Applet Timeclock will stop working.
- There will be no exceptions.
I'm still struggling understanding the change - can you help me further?
Yes. Please contact our support desk by email email@example.com or by phone through the details on our support website support.easyemployer.com. If you are having difficulties please ensure that screenshot/s are provided where possible.