1) Ensure timeclock software/s are up-to-date
2) Ensure time clock is configured appropriately
i) Fingerprint icon not showing
ii) Individual user shows on time clock but not able to authenticate using fingerprint
iii) Individual user not showing on time clock
iv) Time clock time mis-alignment
3) Ensure the time clock URL is correct
4) Reporting issues to easyemployer
i) Retrieving a copy of the log file
ii) What happens if I need further assistance
🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
App-Based Time Clock | Requirements To Run
App-Based Time Clock | Installation Instructions
Time Clock | URL Setup & Configure
easyemployer Support | Overview
Time Collection | enable / disable user clocking options
NOTE: You must complete these troubleshooting steps before raising the issue with the easyemployer support desk.
NOTE: Please ensure your environment meets the minimum system requirements. See the "related articles section" for further information.
NOTE: Some steps may require elevated privileges.
NOTE: Ensure you are logged in as the local user that runs the time clock software before proceeding.
This article relates to how to troubleshoot the easyemployer app-based time clock. It is strongly recommended the below is carried out by a qualified IT technician.
1) Ensure timeclock software/s are up-to-date.
TO ENSURE THE TIMECLOCK IS UP TO DATE: Please see the "related articles section", for further information on the installation instructions.
1. The version of the easyemployer timeclock application can be seen in the bottom right-hand side of the application when open. This should be "2.0.6" (as of 01.08.21).
If this is not the most up-to-date version, the application needs to be updated by performing a standard installation.
2. Ensure the correct version of .net is installed and is up-to-date.
3. Ensure the correct digital persona drivers are installed (E.g. for 32-bit (x86) Windows, install 32-bit drivers, for 64-bit (x64) Windows, install 64-bit drivers).
4. Ensure the Windows operating system is up-to-date.
2) Ensure time clock URL is configured appropriately.
i) Fingerprint icon not showing.
Ensure the time clock URL is configured for fingerprint scanning in the time clock URL settings. To do this open the settings of the timeclock through easyemployer and ensure that 'Allow fingerprint logins' is checked.
ii) Individual user shows on time clock but not able to authenticate using fingerprint.
There is also a control against individual users that determine whether the user is allowed to fingerprint clock. For a user to fingerprint authenticate; the user profile must have this setting enabled.
iii) Individual user not showing on time clock.
If an individual user is not showing on a time clock, you need to ensure the user's role is configured for the time clock URL. Ensure the time clock URL is configured for fingerprint scanning in the time clock URL settings.
iv) Time clock time mis-alignment.
The app based time clock uses the devices local time to register the actual times for interactions with the time clock. In the event your local device's system time is not correct (e.g. not synced with an NTP service) this can cause "mis-alignment" with regards to times recorded for interactions on the time clock.
- Consider limiting the local user account from editing the local device's system time. This can typically be achieved via local-level group policy editor.
- Consider using a 3rd party NTP tool, for more frequent "syncing" of the local device's system time.
3) Ensure the time clock URL is correct.
1. Open a run box by pressing " Windows Key + R ".
2. Open the local app data by running " %appdata% ".
3. Locate the config.json file in the 'easyemployer time clock' folder/s and delete the file.
4. When you re-open the time clock software it will request a time clock URL; copy and paste the intended time clock URL into the window (using keyboard shortcuts) and click submit.
NOTE: You will need to unlock the URL if you are entering a URL that has been previously used/is locked.
NOTE: If you are unsure how to retrieve your time clock URL; see the "related articles section" for information regarding URL setup & configuration.
4) Reporting issues to easyemployer.
Copy and paste this pro-forma into your contact with easyemployer support to ensure all steps have been completed:
Current version of time clock application: Y/N
.net version checked: Y/N
Digital Persona Drivers installed correctly: Y/N
Windows is up-to-date: Y/N
Time clock and target user/s are configured for fingerprint clocking: Y/N
Users role is configured for the time clock URL: Y/N
Time clock URL is correct: Y/N
Copy of log file included: Y/N
Screenshots of the issue attached: Y/N
i) Retrieving a copy of the log file.
1. Open a run box by pressing " Windows Key + R ".
2. Open the local app data by running " %appdata% "
3. Locate the log.log file in the 'easyemployer timeclock' folder/s. Include this file in the ticket you raise to our support desk.
ii) What happens if I need further assistance.
NOTE: As the APP based "installation" is considered a Do-It-Yourself type installation, easyemployer support desk is unable to provide remote assistance to address configuration / installation issues on your behalf / device. For further information please see the "related articles section" for further information regarding the scope of support of the easyemployer support desk.
The easyemployer support desk, may, at it's discretion (and on a case-by-case basis) offer a support session via screen sharing to provide extended support in the event we are unable to assist via normal communication mediums.
In the event that during this screen sharing session, the easyemployer support desk discover that the above steps were not followed (and had they been followed, the issue would have ordinarily been resolved by the client) then the screen sharing session may be considered as billable time (billed in 15 minute increments).