|Announced On||Support ends||Repurpose Assistance End Date|
|May 18, 2018||July 31, 2018||30 September, 2018|
easyemployer will be removing remote access & support for tablet based devices as of the July 31 2018. As part of this process; we are offering all clients assistance to re-purpose the device and this assistance will discontinue as of 30 September, 2018.
If you currently have a tablet-based device running easyemployer timeclock with provision for remote access & support; you need to read the support ticket sent to you and raise any questions you may have prior to July 31, 2018.
- There will be no exceptions.
What did this tablet do?
This tablet provided pin clocking/fingerprint clocking through the easyemployer kiosk software. This also came with provision for remote access and support.
Am I affected?
If you have received an email from us you have been identified as having a tablet-based device running an easyemployer timeclock with provision for remote access & support.
What do I need to do?
- Participate in the repurpose assistance programme (see below).
- Alternatively, you can factory reset the device and install the easyemployer timeclock app as per the help center guides listed below.
What is the repurpose assistance programme?
If you are unsure how to re-purpose your device, this is ok. We are here to assist in this migration process.
Please reply to your ticket asking that you would like your device to be re-purposed by our support team. We will arrange the factory reset of the device and load the easyemployer software (once off) for you.
Is the tablet still going to receive support from easyemployer?
Support for the device will discontinue and you will be required to maintain the device. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Maintaining the hardware in good repair. This includes ensuring the software (and operating system) is being kept up-to-date.
- Perform troubleshooting steps in respects to easyemployer time clock software, before raising the issue with our support desk.
- easyemployer will still provide support for the software if the troubleshooting steps have been followed and the issue requires protracted troubleshooting.