1) What is ability to custom entity linking & why are they important
2) How to link abilities to custom entities
i) How to use the 'AND / OR' logic when linking abilities to custom entities
3) Custom entities & abilities on the roster
🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
1) What is ability to custom entity linking & why are they important?
By linking abilities to custom entities in easyemployer users can make certain skills or qualifications preferred or required to work a shift with a specific custom entity type (typically clients). This means that if a user does not possess the ability they will be given a lower rank in the suitability ranker or if the ability is required users will be prevented from being assigned that shift. These can be set against specific custom entity types (clients) as an ability that might make a user unsuitable for one custom entity (client) might not be required for another.
Some industries have a requirement for users to possess a specific qualification to work with certain clients. Many of these qualifications have an expiry date attached (such as first aid or CPR). If (or) when these qualifications expire the employee should no longer be eligible for the shift with the particular custom entity attached.
NOTE: This feature is not active in all easyemployer accounts. If you require this feature please contact our support team at email@example.com
2) How to link abilities to custom entities.
1. Click 'Organisation' in the navigation bar.
2. Select the custom entity type that needs to be linked to an ability (e.g. 'Clients')
3. Select the specific custom entity (e.g. the 'Client Name').
4. Click the 'Abilities' tab on the left.
5. To add a new ability click the 'Add' button in the top right corner. Clicking this will cause a popup to appear.
6. In the popup select the abilities that need to be added for this custom entity (e.g. the 'first aid' ability is needed for this 'client').
7. Once the abilities have been selected a decision needs to be made on whether or not this should be a required ability.
- Making an ability 'Required' means that employees cannot be give a shift with this custom entity (client) attached if they do not possess the selected ability.
- If the box remains unchecked the employees that possess this ability will be given a higher percentage in the suitability ranker on the rosters, essentially labelling this ability as 'Preferred'.
Tick the box to make the selected ability required.
8. Click the 'Add' button to save the change.
9. The selections made above can be changed if required. The ability can be removed/deleted or edited if required by clicking either the remove or edit buttons.
i) How to use the 'AND / OR' logic when linking abilities to custom entities.
There are circumstances where an ability (e.g. skill or qualification) could be satisfied by more than one ability in the easyemployer system. The 'AND / OR' logic allows you to group abilities together, meaning that one (or more) ability can satisfy a custom entities requirements.
In the below example we will configure a 'client' (custom entity) who requires an employee (user) who is 'first aid trained'. In the example provided these abilities satisfy this requirement:
- First Aid
- First Aid with CPR
1. Configure your custom entity with all the abilities which could satisfy the requirement. Ensure (where applicable) that the abilities linked are configured 'as required'.
2. For each linked ability click 'edit' and configure a 'grouping code' for the ability. In this example the abilities are considered 'OR' so the grouping code we configure is the same value.
3. For this custom entity, either the ability 'First Aid' OR the ability 'First Aid with CPR' will satisfy the abilities requirement for a rostered shift with this custom entity configured.
3) Custom entities & abilities on the roster.
Once the custom entities have been linked to an ability they will function differently on the roster.
1. When creating a shift and adding a custom entity (e.g. client) that has been linked to an ability, the list of 'suitable users' will decrease. Any user that is eligible for the role but does not have the required ability / abilities will be ranked at 0%.