** See the guide here for the ability to organisation structure linking feature **
This guide contains the following information:
- What is ability to custom entity linking
- Why is this important
- How to link abilities to custom entities
- Abilities linked to custom entities on the roster
What is ability to role linking
By linking abilities to custom entities in easyemployer users can make certain skills or qualifications preferred or required to work a shift with a specific custom entity type (typically clients). This means that if a user does not possess the ability they will be given a lower rank in the suitability ranker or if the ability is required users will be prevented from being assigned that shift. These can be set against specific custom entity types (clients) as an ability that might make a user unsuitable for one custom entity (client) might not be required for another.
Note: This feature is not active in all easyemployer accounts. If this feature needs to be activated please contact our support team on 1300 855 642.
Why is this important
Some industries have a requirement for users to possess a specific qualification to work with certain clients. Many of these qualifications have an expiry date attached (such as first aid or CPR). If or when these qualifications expire the employee should no longer be eligible for the shift with the particular custom entity attached.
How to link abilities to clients
This walk-through will cover the process of linking an ability to a client. If abilities have not yet been configured in the account please see the article on creating an ability.
1. Click Organisation in the navigation bar
2. Select the custom entity type that needs to be linked to an ability (this example will be 'Clients')
3. Select the specific custom entity (in this example the client 'Name')
4. Click the abilities tab on the top left
5. The following page will be displayed. To add a new ability click the 'Add' button in the top right corner. Clicking this will cause a popup to appear.
6. In the popup select the abilities that need to be added for this custom entity (client).
7. Once the abilities have been selected a decision needs to be made on whether or not this should be a required ability. Making an ability 'Required' means that employees cannot be give a shift with this custom entity (client) attached if they do not possess the selected ability. If the box remains unchecked the employees that possess this ability will be given a higher percentage in the suitability ranker on the rosters, essentially labeling this ability as 'Preferred'.
Tick the box to make the selected ability required.
8. Click the 'Add' button to save the change.
9. The selections made above can be changed if required. The ability can be removed/deleted or edited if required by clicking either the remove or edit buttons.
Custom entities and abilities on the roster
Once the custom entities have been linked to an ability they will function differently on the roster.
1. When creating a shift and adding a custom entity (client) that has been linked to an ability, the list of 'suitable users' will decrease. Any user that is eligible for the role but does not have the required ability will be ranked at 0%.