This article contains the following topic:
- Public holiday regions
What is a public holiday region
This feature is used to ensure public holidays are paid correctly to users that work across multiple sites that have different public holidays available. In this case an additional feature can be activated in the easyemployer account to apply public holidays at the site in which a user's home role is set.
Why is this important
This feature allows for flexibility when handling public holidays within easyemployer. The information will be reflected in the payroll report, timesheets and roster cost projections. This can assist with accurately managing costs within the organisation and assist managers to better cater to their rostering needs.
How to configure a public holiday region
Public holiday regions need to be activated in easyemployer by a system administrator. If this feature needs to be activated in an easyemployer account please contact our support team on 1300 855 642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This feature can be enabled in 2 ways. In a blanket application across all users in an award pay group or against specific users applied directly to each individual.
Applying to a base award pay group
1. Click 'Organisation' in the navigation bar.
2. Click 'Awards'
3. Select the award
4. Select the 'Base award pay group' to apply this feature
5. Click 'Edit award pay group'
6. Tick the box for 'Use employee's home site to generate public holiday shifts'
7. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Save and update'
Apply to a user
1. Click 'Organisation' in the navigation bar
2. Click 'Manage users'
3. Select the user
4. Select the 'Payroll' tab
5. Click 'Change' in the 'User award' section
6. In this display an additional option is available under the 'Award particulars' section. Click 'Override awards particulars' to edit.
7. Tick the box for the 'Use employee's home site to interpret public holiday shifts' to enable this feature for this user.
8. Click 'Save' to apply this change to this user.
9. Select the period that the changes should be applied from.