This article contains information regarding the following topic:
- Requesting custom development
What is custom development
Custom development is a request that the system have an additional feature, or function, added based on information or requirements provided by a specific organisation (requester). This is an additional paid service, and a quote will be provided to the requester.
Why would custom development need to be requested
Custom development is a request that an additional feature or function be added to the system. This can be specific to the needs of an organisation and might not be used across the majority of the client base or something that can be used across the client base. It is in essence, a request for the system to be changed in order to do something that it is not currently able to do or was not meant to be able to do.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Not all development requests will be accepted through to quotation, as they may be outside the bounds of what easyemployer is intended to do and/or may detrimentally affect the core functionality of easyemployer. Development requests will pass through a vetting process to ensure they meet this criterion.
What is the process for requesting custom development
Custom development as a result of a request:
- A support ticket will need to be created to lodge the request for customisation and to monitor the progress of the request. This can be raised by using the support form.
- An easyemployer team member will make contact and confirm the high-level requirements of the request, discuss the urgency of the request and discuss the organisations budget for this request.
- A $660 + GST non-refundable application fee will then be invoiced and payment is required before costing of the work and quote is provided. This fee will then be deducted from the quote if the quote is accepted.
- These requirements will be relayed to the solution design and development teams who will cost the work and provide a quote. If the feature looks as though it may be complex or the development team requires more information they may contact the client directly.
- If quote is accepted an invoice will be raised and sent to the client. Invoices need to be paid in full prior to work commencing on development builds.
- Updates will be provided using the initial support ticket raised. Requesting updates using the support ticket is important as it ensures that the request is sent to the correct people within easyemployer.
NOTE: Development requests can take time to action and build. Timelines for specific requests can be provided, but are dependent upon the availability of development resources.
Internal process and procedure documentation will need to be done by the client and easyemployer is not liable to produce any documentation on behalf of the client.