** This feature is not enabled by default. Your internal easyemployer organisation owner can contact email@example.com to have this enabled.**
This guide contains the following information:
- What is the auto-link recurring appointment feature
- Requirements for recurring appointment auto-linking
- Setting the threshold for automatically linking recurring sessions
- How to use the auto-link recurring appointment feature.
** Appointments can also be referred to as sessions **
What is the auto-link recurring appointment feature
The auto-link recurring appointment feature is accessible through the roster interface. This feature automatically links recurring appointments based on a recurrence ID that is sent from a client management system (CMS).
When auto-linking recurring sessions the system will check for the recurrence ID. The system will look back at other appointments within the same recurrence chain in previous periods based on the threshold that has been set. Next the system will attempt to match these appointments with similar shifts for users in the period that is currently being auto-linked. If a match is found the system will automatically link the appointments to the shifts assuming all other suitability criteria has been met.
Requirements for recurring appointment auto-linking
- The CMS will need to send across a recurrence ID as part of the data they send.
- Roster templates need to be used for recurring shifts that require auto-linking in each roster period.
Setting the threshold for automatically linking recurring sessions
A threshold is set to determine the number of weeks that easyemployer will look back on when searching for potentially auto-link matches. The default value is '4 weeks'.
To update this:
- Click 'Organisation' in the navigation bar
- Click 'Organisation'
- Click 'Settings'
- Click 'Appointments settings'
- Edit the threshold for 'automatically linking recurring sessions to shifts' and change this to the required value.
How to use the auto-link recurring appointment feature
The auto-link recurring session feature is accessed within the roster interface. If using this feature for the first time, we recommend testing on sandbox or the UAT system.
- Open the roster for the site or sites
- Load in the required roster template or templates
- Follow the standard rostering process to address any shift conflicts and find any replacements or fill-ins for unassigned shifts
- Click the roster Actions button and click 'Auto link recurring sessions'