1) What are roster shift preferences & why are they important.
Roster shift preferences can be enabled to allow employees to set their preferred working roles (and in some scenarios, this allows employees to set their preferred working location). These role preferences have an impact on the roster in the "suitability ranker" which your immediate leader / employer can see when creating a roster. This may assist your immediate leader / employer in building the roster.
NOTE: Consider informing your immediate leader / employer of your roster shift preferences outside of these easyemployer configuration settings. These configuration settings are intended to supplement your organisations ability to provide a suitable roster for you.
2) How to set roster shift preferences.
1. Click the 'My Profile' tab at the top of the screen.
2. Click the 'Work Preference' tab.
3. A list of your configured 'roles' will be displayed in the format of Site->Area->Role.
4. You can click 'edit' on any of the roles displayed and select your preference from the options provided, which include:
- Preferred - This is a role that the user prefers (default setting - no impact in roster).
- Not Preferred - The user considers this role less desirable (the percentage displayed in the suitability ranker will be lowered as a result).
- Opt out - The user would prefer to not work this role in this site/area/role (the percentage displayed in the suitability ranker will be lowered as a result).
5. Once a preference has been selected click 'save'.