1) Why is this notice showing on my All In One Kiosk
2) I still need a managed All In One device - what do I do
3) I do not want to upgrade my Windows 7 All In One device - what are my options
4) I have further questions about all of this - who do I contact
1) Why is this notice showing on my All In One Kiosk?
Microsoft is deprecating support for the version of Windows 7 (which older All In One Kiosks use) as of October 12th, 2021.
This means that easyemployer cannot continue to guarantee the security, or stability, of these older All In One (AIO) devices running Windows 7. Subsequently, easyemployer cannot be responsible for the support nor management of these devices - and we will be required to offboard the AIO hardware from our remit, as this older hardware is not capable of running a modern version of Windows - such as Windows 10. This course of action, we are required to take, is in line with the 'How our Support Works' guidelines which are published here: https://support.easyemployer.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000296435
2) I still need a managed All In One device - what do I do?
If you still require a managed All In One device, you will need to purchase a replacement device.
The purchase of a new device may come at a cost which is different to the purchase price of your existing/old unit.
The current model inclusions are:
- easyemployer All In One device (either wall or desk mount) with a 3 year manufacturers warranty and 3 year easyemployer support/remote management period.
- A complimentary spare fingerprint scanner module in the event you do need to replace the fingerprint module due to damage. Noting the new model of fingerprint scanner is not a 'gel lense' therefore is much less susceptible to the issue of 'lense fogging'.
To begin the ordering process, please contact our support desk here: https://support.easyemployer.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Be sure to include the "reference" details which are displayed on your Windows 7 All In One Kiosk, as this assists our support team identify the device which you are contacting us about.
3) I do not want to upgrade my Windows 7 All In One device - what are my options?
If you do not wish to upgrade your AIO device, you may choose to run the easyemployer timeclock on your own hardware as a "Do It Yourself" type installation. Please note that "DIY" type installations have strict system/environment requirements and a significantly different support offering.
If you are wishing to implement a "DIY" type installation, you will need to source your own biometric hardware (USB Fingerprint Scanner) that will connect to your own computer - and ensure that all the system requirements are met.
Please also familiarise yourself with the troubleshooting steps, as we do not maintain remote access to your hardware, the support process (and your involvement in troubleshooting - should it be required) is significantly different to that of a managed All In One device.
Full information on "DIY" type installations can be found here: https://support.easyemployer.com/hc/en-us/sections/115000482654
4) I have further questions about all of this - who do I contact?
If you have general questions about this change, please contact our support team here:
Please be sure to include your "reference" details which are displayed on your Windows 7 All In One Kiosk when contacting us.