🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
Import Shifts allows system users to upload shift data to Easy Employer (EE) from an external source, through a comma-separated values (CSV) file. You can use it to import:
- Roster shifts.
- Timesheet shifts.
- Public holiday.
- Leave shifts.
Shifts can be imported either only for a few selected sites, or for the entire organisation at once. Shift imports can be used to initially set up rosters across the organisation when clients move from their legacy systems or processes into EE.
2) Import Shifts
- Click Organisation.
- Under Data synchronisation, click Import / Export.
- Click Import shifts.
- Download an example import file.
- This will download a csv file that will generally be downloaded to your download folder. Alternatively you can search for the file example_file.csv.
- Microsoft Excel or any similar program can be used to open this file.
- The file has been created with headings that cover all the possible import options as specified in section 1) of this guide. The column headers should not be modified.
- Enter the shift information to be imported.
- Make sure that you enter the information according to the column headings (you can ignore/leave blank the columns that are not relevant to your current import).
- Entering wrong information / format can result in wrong data import.
NOTE: Make sure your spreadsheet has the date and time data formatted as follows:
Time: hh:mm (24 hrs)
More information on the functional and technical details required to successfully complete your Import Shifts upload, can be found on section 4.3 Shift Import of the guide in the RELATED ARTICLES section.
- Save the completed file in an accessible location in your computer, keeping the same file format (.csv). We recommend changing the file name to something relevant to the data that is being imported (e.g. roster_shifts.csv if you are importing roster shifts).
Go back to the Import shifts page on EE (where you downloaded the example file from), and click on Choose file.
Find and select the file with the relevant import data and click Open.
- Once the file has been selected, click Next.
The dialogue that follows gives you a summary of the total records you are about to add into the system. If there are no issues in any of the records, the system displays the message: "There are no records to display", at the bottom of the dialog box, meaning there are no errors that need to be reviewed. Click Import to complete uploading the shifts.
- Once completed, a message confirming the success of the import will be displayed.