🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
Allowances are elements of wages that are in addition to normal wages. A unit allowance is similar to a regular allowance, although is paid on a per-unit basis.
An employee may be paid, for example, an allowance based on the number of kilometers that they drive using their car.
NOTE: Permissions control which users can add unit allowances into My timesheet or Timesheet. By default, this is a user with owner or payroll admin permission. See the permission and function guide here. If you would like other permission sets to be able to add unit allowances, your internal EE (Easy Employer) organisation owner can contact email@example.com.
2) Add unit allowances to timesheet shifts
- Select Timesheets from the navigation bar and open a timesheet.
- Select the timesheet period you would like to open.
- Select the shift that you would like to add the allowance to and click Manage (pencil icon).
- Select Allowances on the sidebar and click Add unit allowance.
- Select the type of allowance you would like to apply from the drop-down menu.
- Input the quantity, or number of units to apply the allowance for,
- Add any comments (if applicable).
- Click Save to add it to the shift.
- The shift will now show with a green (A) to represent that an allowance is being applied to the shift.
- The allowance will now appear on the payroll report for that user.
NOTE: To apply a unit allowance it must first be configured within your account. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have new allowances added.
3) Add unit allowances to roster shifts
When the unit allowance is added to a rostered shift; it will automatically carry across to the timesheet for finalisation.
- Open the roster and edit/create a roster shift.
- Select Add unit allowance. The unit allowance dialog will appear. Input the details and add the allowance.
- Create the shift/save the shift when ready.
- An A will appear on the shift in a green circle to represent that there is an allowance present.
There are some important considerations when interpreting this addition:
- Cannot be defined on a roster template.
- Cannot be defined on a common shift.
- Cannot be defined against an unassigned shift.
NOTE: To roster a unit allowance it must first be configured within your account. Please contact email@example.com to have new allowances added.