🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
1) Purpose and importance of a passwords
A password increases the security of a users account. It is best practice to set passwords which contain a combination of upper and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters.
As sensitive information can be stored in Easy Employer (EE) it is strongly recommended that a secure password be used.
NOTE: The Easy Employer Support Team cannot reset your password for you.
2) Password complexity requirements
Passwords in EE must adhere to the following complexity requirements:
- Must be at least 8 characters long.
- Cannot be common dictionary words.
- Cannot be easily guessed passwords.
- Cannot be keyboard key sequences or repeated words (e.g. qwerty or 1234).
- Must be of average strength or better. The system will calculate password strength as it is typed.
To make a stronger password, try using a combination of:
- Upper and lower case characters.
- Non dictionary words.
- Special characters & numbers.
- Sequences of unrelated words.
- A longer password.
3) How to change your password
- Click your Initials on the upper right-hand side and click Profile.
- Click on the Password on the left-hand side.
- The following screen will display, you will need to enter your current password, and your new password, and re-enter your new password as confirmation.
- You will need to ensure your new password meets the complexity requirements.
- Click Save and your password will be updated. A confirmation message will be shown "Your account password has been successfully updated."
4) Reset a password
- Navigate to secure.easyemployer.com
- Click Forgot password?
- Enter the email address you used to signup with, and click Send reset email.
- An email will be sent to the email address with a link to reset your password.
i) I have not received the forgotten password email
- Ensure you are using a supported web browser.
- Request a password reset by clicking the link here. This link is also available on the EE login page.
- If you have not received a password reset email:
- Check the email entered is exactly the email address you entered when you signed up.
- Check your spam folder for the email (add @easyemployer.net to your 'safe sender' list, you will need to search the internet for instructions for your specific email provider).
- Ask your manager to reset your online access so you can sign up again.
- The Easy Employer Support Team cannot grant, resend or reset online access. This can only be done by your immediate leader or employer.
- The Easy Employer Support Team cannot reset your password for you.
ii) I have received the forgotten password email, cannot open links
Some email clients (e.g. Microsoft Outlook) block the download of images/usage of links by default. You can allow this content per email received - typically by clicking the 'allow download of content' near the top of the email received.
Alternatively, you can add the easyemployer system to the list of your "safe senders" list.
NOTE: The Easy Employer Support Team cannot provide specific advice for your email client to allow the usage of links, etc.