This article includes the following topics:
Troubleshooting your workplace kiosk.
easyemployer support desk cannot assist with internet connectivity issues, these need to be addressed internally with your IT support desk. If your kiosk is frequently offline (even if still operational) you should be raising this to your IT support desk's attention.
easyemployer support desk uses remote management software to fix common issues. To be able to remote into the kiosk the unit will need a persistent internet connection.
EBN - All In One Unit's
- Power Plug: is cylindrical (sometimes with pins in the center) and often located on the far left of your all in one unit’s set of input and output connectors (while the unit’s screen is facing up). One end of the power pack cable supplied with the unit will plug into here with the other end plugged into a power point.
- Network Cable port: is often located in the middle of your all in one unit’s set of input and output connectors. Careful! There are a number of ports that look similar however the network plug will always have two small status lights at the bottom.
HP - All In One Unit's
1. AC Power Connector (DC-in)
2. 24V powered USB
3. Cash Drawer Port (Supports 2 cash drawers with optional cable splitter kit)
4. 12V powered USB
5. DisplayPort 1.2 (for a secondary display)
6. Headset/ Line Out Connector for powered audio devices (Green)
7. Microphone / Line-in Audio Connector (blue)
8. RJ-45 Network Connector (10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN)
9. 1 USB 3.0 Port
10. 3 USB 2.0 Ports
11. 4 RJ-50 Serial Ports (Power configurable 0V (default), 5V, 12V)
12. Power Button
1. Ensure the workplace kiosk unit is receiving power.
- Please go to your workplace kiosk unit and ensure the following cables are connected correctly:
- The power pack is plugged into an active power point
- Ensure the power cable is plugged into the back of your workplace screen (see power plug highlighted above)
- The unit should power on automatically once the power is correctly connected. If the unit doesn’t power on use the on/off switch on the side of the screen. You can tell if the unit is powered on as the power indicator at the top of the screen will light up (EBN units only) and the screen will show an image (EBN and HP units).
- If the unit does not power on please double check that the power cable is plugged in and make sure that the power point is active by plugging in another appliance/piece of equipment and ensuring it powers on correctly. If the other appliance/piece of equipment does not power on the power point may be faulty (seek professional assistance).
2. Ensure the workplace kiosk unit is properly connected to your computer network.
Please go to your workplace kiosk unit and ensure the following cables are connected correctly:
- Ensure one end of the network cable is plugged into an active network port that has access to a persistent and stable internet connection.
- Ensure the other end of the network cable is plugged into the back of your workplace kiosk unit (see network port highlighted in step 1 above.
Once this is done correctly a light should appear near the network cable plug on the back of the workplace kiosk unit.
|10/100 Mbps||1000 Mbps|
If no lights are shown near the network port after successfully powering on the unit, there is likely a problem with your network connection. Please double check that the network port you are using is active and that you are sure that the network cables you are using are not faulty. Please seek professional assistance if you are unsure how to trobuleshoot your own local network issues.
If after performing the above the time clock is showing that it is in offline mode, please ensure that the network port you plugged the network cable into is connected to a persistent and stable internet connection. The technical network requirements are HERE.
If you have addressed all steps above and are still having problems after seeking professional assistance, please contact our support team to discuss further.