1) Ensure the fingerprint scanner & time clock are working correctly
2) Ensure the fingerprint scanner is not damaged and has been properly maintained
3) Ensure staff are using the correct process to scan fingerprints
4) Re-enrol the fingerprint(s) of affected staff
5) Reporting the issue to easyemployer
🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
NOTE: We firmly recommend you ensure the fingerprint scanner and user's finger(s) are clean before beginning troubleshooting.
1) Ensure the fingerprint scanner & time clock are working correctly.
1. Check to see that the fingerprint scanner lense shows a solid red light or solid blue light when scanning on your fingerprint.
GEN 1 + GEN 2 + GEN 3 : This light is in the scanner lense itself so you should see the light at the sides/underneath your finger.
GEN 4 : The light is to the sides of the scanner lense itself so you should see a blue light illuminating if you are scanning correctly.
If this is not the case, please contact our support team for further investigation.
2. Check to see that the fingerprint scanner & the time clock are connected.
If this is not the case, please being to shutdown the All In One Kioskby holding the power button for a maximum of 2 seconds (will start to 'shutdown') - wait 10 seconds - and then turn it on again. If the time clock is consistently showing as “offline” then you need to check your internet connection, network cables and network settings to ensure the kiosk has full access to the internet. We recommend contacting your IT support team to troubleshoot your own internet issues in conjunction with our 'Unit Troubleshooting' guide which can be found in the "related articles section".
2) Ensure the fingerprint scanner is not damaged and has been properly maintained.
1. Check to see if the fingerprint scanner is being cleaned & maintained regularly. for further information regarding cleaning requirements please refer to cleaning and disinfecting instructions in the "related articles section".
2. Check to see if there is any damage to the fingerprint scanner lense. Inspect the scanner from different angles and ensure that the lense is not cloudy and that there are no scratches and/or worn down spots on the lense.
NOTE: Does the fingerprint scanner have a scratched or cloudy lense?
If you notice the scanner lense is either scratched or cloudy, please take a clear & legible photo of the lense with the unit powered off; and send to support for assessment.
- Failure to take a clear photo will result in support not being able to provide an assessment.
3) Ensure staff are using the correct technique to scan fingerprint.
1. Check to see if the scanner is in the required position for accurate fingerprint scans.
All In One Kiosk: Ensure the fingerprint scanner module attached to the All In One Kiosk is placed at a height and location that allows front on easy access for staff to be able to position themselves for a flat finger scan.
2. Check to see if staff are using the correct fingerprint scanning technique.
- Most of the unique, repeatable fingerprint information is located in the “pad” of your finger, not in the “tip”.
- Please ensure staff are not using the fingerprint reader while they have any foreign material on their hands (such as grease and chemicals).
- Dry skin can significantly decrease the effectiveness of a fingerprint scan; therefore staff needs to rub the finger they are using for scanning on the forehead so that natural oils are on the skin.
- Finger placement as shown below, with the pad (not tip) of the finger in the middle of the scanner and a light amount of pressure applied will result in a fast and accurate fingerprint authentication.
Successful scan - scanner colour will change red then immediately go back to blue.
Bad/incorrect scan - Scanner colour will not change or will stay red for 1 to 2 seconds as pictured below.
4) Re-enrol the fingerprint of affected staff.
While ensuring staff are using the correct process to scan fingerprints (see the previous step), ask a suitable user to re-enrol the fingerprint through the time clock.
If this does not assist with fingerprint scanning, try re-enrolling the user with different fingers. Often the fingerprints on commonly used fingers can be worn down to the point they are not readable by the fingerprint scanner.
Please refer to the "related articles section" for information regarding the enrolment / re-enrolment of a users fingerprint.
NOTE: On the rare occasion we have come across users who cannot scan due to their fingers having warn / non readable fingerprints. If this is the case, we suggest using pin number authentication for that particular user.
5) Reporting the issue to easyemployer.
If the above steps do not resolve the issue, please take a clear and legible image of the scanner lens (with the unit off, noting to allow the unit to shut-down).
- Please send this image to the easyemployer support desk or reply to your existing ticket with the image attached.
Unit is powered down, and image is clear and legible.
Image is not clear or is illegible.
Unit is powered on (blue backlight is present).