This article contains information regarding the following topic:
- Custom entities
What are custom entities
Custom entities are a highly customise-able feature of easyemployer. A custom entity could be but is not limited to; a person, client, vehicle or funding scheme. Custom entities are used to provide additional information to staff members on a rostered shift. This article will cover how to add and setup a custom entity so they are displayed in the roster correctly.
Note: This article does not detail how to create a new custom entity type. To create a new custom entity type please contact the easyemployer support team.
Why is this important
Custom entities can be restricted to appear on a roster against a specific set of circumstances. During the initial setup of custom entities users dictate the circumstances that that custom entity should be subject to. These restrictions are not permanent and can be changed as required.
How to create a custom entity
1. Begin by clicking on 'Organisation' in the navigation bar
2. In the example shown below there are two custom entities listed. The first is called 'Clients' and the second is titled 'Services'. 'Clients' will be the focus of this article however, the principles that will be demonstrated can apply to multiple situations.
3. The image below is the custom entity landing page. In this example three 'clients' have been loaded and the search bar has been highlighted. The search bar is useful for finding a specific custom entity from the list.
4. The 'Add' button is located in the top right corner. Clicking it will cause a popup box to appear.
5. The popup only requires the name of the newly created custom entity. Once the name has been entered click 'Add'.
6. Since a new custom entity has been added to the list it needs to be setup. To access and change any custom entity simply click on the custom entities' name.
7. Details of the custom entity will be displayed. Different fields can be edited as required but this is not required information. Each custom entity can be setup to display the data that is required for that custom entity type.
8. The 'Groups' tab displays the organisation structure. Different settings can be enabled that either allow all to be selected by default or not selected by default.
9. Sections of the organisation structure should be allowed/disallowed. Disallowing a section of the organisation structure means that it will not appear on the rosters against that role. Allowing means the role will be available for selection if the role has been selected. A simple way to remember this is if the section is GREEN then the custom entity will appear against that role. If the section is RED the custom entity will not appear against the role. To confirm the selection click 'Save'.
10. The next tab is titled 'Users'. This tab is for selecting specific users/employees that can have this custom entity type rostered against their shift. Adding or removing a user from this list will prevent the custom entity from being assigned to that users shift. Colour coding remains consistent for allowed and disallowed sections. GREEN indicates the custom entity can be assigned to the users shift and RED means the custom entity cannot be assigned to the users shift. To confirm the selection click 'Save'.
11. Custom entities can also be allowed/disallowed against their own and different custom entity types. This can be done to ensure that tow custom entities do not appear on the same shift together. The same rules apply here as in the other tabs GREEN means they are able to be selected on the same shift while RED prevents them from appearing. To confirm the selection click 'Save'.
12. Navigate to a roster period and check that the custom entity appears in the roster correctly. The custom entity is able to be added to a shift by clicking the custom entity field.
13. Clicking into the custom entity field allows users to select the custom entities that are required for the shift. Multiple custom entities can be selected for a shift.
14. Once the shift has been saved selected custom entities will be displayed on a shift under the role.