This article includes the following topics:
- Recurring Availability
- Once Off Availability
- Updating your availability after a roster has been published
What is the availability system
The availability system allows you to select times that you are unable to work informing your manager of times you can work.
Why is this important
Once the roster has been published, or the deadline has passed, you won’t be able to submit availability for that week.
Contact your manager to check your deadline for submitting a request.
Availability period always matches roster period.
1. Recurring availability occurs every week.
2. User recurring availability if your availability doesn't change very often or will be the same for a long period of time.
3. Click the availability tab
4. Highlight the times of the week you are regularly unavailable to work
5. In the above example my availability/unavailability is:
- Monday: unavailable from 3pm
- Tuesday: available all day
- Wednesday: available after 12pm
- Thursday: not available
- Friday: available
- Saturday: available
- Sunday: not available
6. Enter a message
7. Click submit for approval
8. Choose every week from here onwards
9. If your request requires approval by your manager, they will receive a notification and action it.
Once off availability
Use once off availability to inform your manager of times where your availability will need to change for a short period of time. An example of this is you are going on holidays for 2 weeks.
1. Click the availability tab
2. Scroll and find the correct week
3. Modify your availability
4. In the above example, my availability/unavailability is:
- Unavailable all week
5. Click submit for approval
6. Click to this week only
7. If your request requires approval by your manager, they will receive a notification and action it
8. Use next week to scroll to the next week and add more requests if required.
Updating your availability after a roster has been published
Note: To update your availability after a roster has been published, your organisation must have their easyemployer rules set to allow this.
1. Navigate to the Availability page by either:
- Select "View my availability" from the Quick Links section
- Select Availability from the top navigation bar
2. The Availability page will appear
3. Input your availability and press the Submit for Approval button
4. Select how you would like to apply the changes
5. If your request requires approval by your manager, they will receive a notification and action it.