🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
Every time a user is created in an Easy Employer account, a notification is sent to other user(s) about it. This is so the appropriate people are aware of new users in the account.
The new users need to be setup correctly, otherwise they may not be able to clock shifts, be rostered or complete other activities in Easy Employer.
2) Notification recipient
Notifications of this type are controlled by permissions in Easy Employer.
Users with the permission to manage the newly created user (Manager, Administrator or Owner) automatically receives the notification. Due to the different ways a user can be setup, and who has authority over specific roles in the organisation, communications may be received for one user but not for another, which at times could be confusing.
Another thing to consider is the communication method that has been set for user(s) that can manage other employees. If email communications have been disabled, then that user is not going to get emails regarding new users.
Below are some examples of different setups and who should receive the communications.
- A user is being created but no roles are assigned before completing the process (this is also the case when importing users through the payroll application).
- When the user is created in the system, any user that has manager permissions or higher at organisation level, receives a notification.
- A user has been created and has been assigned a role.
- The notification email for this user gets sent to the managers at group level.
- This means that users with a higher permission at organisation level, do not receive an email regarding this employee.