🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
- Permissions control which users can add unit allowances into My timesheet or Timesheet. By default, this is a user with owner or payroll admin permission. See the permission and function guide here.
- If you would like other permission sets to be able to add unit allowances, your internal Easy Employer organisation owner can contact email@example.com
Allowances are elements of wages that are additional to normal wages. A unit allowance is similar to a regular allowance, although is paid on a per-unit basis.
An employee may be paid an allowance for a number of reasons. This will need to be added to an individual shift or numerous shifts to ensure the correct amount is paid. An example of this is an employee that receives and allowance for the number of kilometres that they drive using their own vehicle.
2) Add unit allowances to shifts
NOTE: Unit allowances do not exist in all accounts. Not all users are entitled to an allowance.
- Click My Easy Employer on the navigation bar and select Timesheets.
- Select a timesheet period.
- Click on the shift that an allowance should be added to and click on the pencil icon (Unit allowances).
- A popup box will appear. Click on Add unit allowance on the top right hand side corner of the box. You can add multiple allowances by clicking this button, but they must be added one at a time.
- Another popup box will appear. The first section is asking which allowance should be added. If users have multiple allowances available,select the correct allowance from the drop down list. Set the quantity (consult your manager if you are unsure of what this value should be), and finally add a comment if applicable (e.g. additional justification may be required for an allowance). Click Save once all details have been completed.
- Once the allowance (or allowances) appear on the Unit allowances list, click Save to submit.
- If an allowance has been added to a shift the letter A will be displayed in a green bubble indicator.