🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
- Once all timesheets in a payroll entity have been finalised, payroll can be processed.
- Easy Employer (EE) displays a summary of the timesheets when they are getting finalised, which contains payroll warnings.
- It is recommended to address the payroll warnings before finalising the timesheet, although it may still be possible to address them during the Payroll process.
1) Address payroll warnings
Once the payroll report has been open, payroll warnings are displayed to bring your attention to important matters that need to be addressed before it can be finalised.
- A payroll warnings indicator at the top of the report displays how many warnings need to be addressed:
- Scroll through the payroll report and warnings will be indicated in red or purple (for leave warnings) as shown in the following pictures:
- Click "here" to action the warning or "hide" to hide the warning.
- Once all warnings have been actioned, you can Finalise and Lock the Payroll Period.
2) Finalise the payroll period
- Once all warnings have been addressed on the Payroll Report, the Finalise Payroll Period option is displayed.
- Click Finalise payroll period.
- Click Yes on the confirmation dialogue.
- Click Export for payroll processing and follow the system prompts.
3) Export the pay run data file
- Click Export for payroll processing to download the required file to your computer for upload/import into your payroll application.
- If using an online payroll application (e.g. Xero) you may be prompted to update any missing employee payroll information to complete the export. For further information regarding exporting to your payroll application please refer to the payroll application specific instructions.
- You can now follow the import guide relating to your payroll application.
- Download users export file for payroll application will download a file with the information of the specific payroll period.
- Export to PDF will show the payroll information in PDF file that can be viewed or can be downloaded.
4) Lock the payroll period
Once you have completed your pay run you can then lock the payroll period within EE, to ensure no changes can be made to the period, and preserve historical data.
⚠️ IMPORTANT: Once you have locked the payroll period this cannot be undone.
- Open the payroll report for the exported and completed pay run.
- Review the report to ensure all of the information within EE matches the pay run completed.
- Press on the Lock Payroll Period button.
- You will receive a warning to notify you that this action cannot be undone.
- The payroll period will then be locked and you will be unable to make any changes to the period.