1) What elements are exported and created in xero
2) Exporting a payrun using xero
3) Situations requiring manual intervention on pay run export
4) How to re-export a payrun to xero using easyemployer
5) How to Delete all timesheets included in a pay run in xero
🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
1) What elements are exported and created in xero?
🡪 Timesheets including shift totals, taken leaves, allowances.
🡪 Leave applications and related taken leave from the current pay run.
🡪 Earnings rates and associated totals against tracking categories if applicable.
🡪 The pay run and all employee pay slips.
2) Exporting a payrun using xero.
1. Open the payroll report and address any payroll warnings that may be present. See the related articles section "Report | Payroll Report" for further information
2. Once the warnings have been addressed, Finalise and lock the the Payroll Period.
3. A pay run can be exported to Xero as per the standard export a payrun process; see the related articles section "Payroll | Finalising a Payroll Period + Exporting a Pay Run" for further information. The outcome of this process is that you finalise the payroll report and click the 'export for payroll processing' button which will export the pay run to Xero.
4. The export will begin.
5. You will receive a message informing you that the export was successful.
6. If there are any anomalies or incorrect data being exported or created in Xero, a dialog with information will be displayed. These situations (that may include manual intervention are outlined below).
7. To access the pay run, open and log in to your Xero account.
8. Select Payroll from the top navigation bar.
9. Select 'Payruns' from the drop down.
10. The export will appear as a Draft Pay Run.
11. Open the pay run, review the information and when you're ready, 'Post the Pay Run'.
3) Situations requiring manual intervention on pay run export.
The following situations are highlighted when exporting a pay run and may require manual corrections:
🡪 Missing cost centre code off a role in easyemployer.
🡪 Time sheet already exists in xero. If you are re-exporting the pay run then please follow the ‘guide for re-exporting a pay run’.
🡪 Cost totals mismatch for grand totals, individual employee, or individual rates for an employee.
NOTE: Details on how to manually intervene in these situations can be found in the guides "Xero | Initial Integration Setup + Application Sync" and "Xero | Error Handling + Pay Run Troubleshooting" in the related articles section.
4) How to re-export a payrun to xero using easyemployer.
NOTE: After exporting a pay run if there was any major issue and you want to re-export the pay run you will have to remove the pay run and associated time sheets from xero. Due to the manual process here it may be easier to rectify the information directly in the pay run in xero.
If you do wish to re-export from easyemployer:
1. Delete the pay run in xero.
2. Delete all the unprocessed leaves of the employees which are included in the payrun in xero.
3. Delete all the time sheets included in the pay run in xero.
4. Make sure you corrected the issue reported by easyemployer initially and then re-export the pay run from the Payroll Report as per the standard process.
5) How to Delete all timesheets included in a pay run in xero.
To delete a timesheet included in a pay run as listed above in step 3 complete the following steps.
1. Open xero.
2. Select 'Timesheet'.
3. Choose the date range that includes the desired period.
4. The timesheet will be displayed.
5. Scope to Approved.
6. Click on each timesheet shift.
7. Click 'Revert'.
8. Click 'Delete'.