🔍 RELATED ARTICLES
This feature allows system users to upload custom entities' data to Easy Employer from an external source, through a comma-separated values (CSV) file. You can use it to import Clients, Services or Services types.
It is an easy and convenient way to import new data into the system, or introduce changes to a high number of records with just a few simple steps.
2) Import custom entities
- Click Organisation.
- Click Import / Export.
NOTE: The organisation used for this example has three Custom entities: Clients, Services and Service types.
- Click on your required option: Import clients, Import services, Import service types.
As the process is the same for all custom entities, we are using Import clients to illustrate it.
- You can use the exported data from your payroll application, or use the Comma Separated Values (CSV) Easy Employer standard format file, of which you can download an example import file from the link on the bottom of the screen.
- This will download a csv file that will generally be downloaded to your download folder. Alternatively you can search for the file example_file.csv.
- Microsoft Excel or any similar program can be used to open this file.
- The file has been created with all the headings necessary to upload your data.
- Enter the data to be imported.
- Make sure that you enter the information according to the column headings (you can ignore/leave blank the columns that are not relevant to your current import).
- Entering wrong information / format can result in wrong data import.
NOTE: When importing a person, please ensure you use the name format: Surname, First name.
More information on the functional and technical details required to successfully complete your Import, can be found on section
4.4 Custom Entities Import of the guide in the RELATED ARTICLES section.
- Save the completed file in an accessible location in your computer, keeping the same file format (.csv).
Go back to the Import clients page on EE (where you downloaded the example file from), and click on Choose file.
Find and select the file with the import data and click Open.
- Once the file has been selected, click Next.
The dialogue that follows gives you a summary of the total records you are about to add into the system. Review the records and choose whether to skip, create new or update existing. Once all the data has been reviewed, click Import to complete uploading it.
- Once completed, a message confirming the success of the import will be displayed.